PractiTest Discussion Forum

The Cross Filters Feature

Hello!

We have released a new feature, the cross filters!
This feature was asked by many of our users, so we are thrilled to announce its release.
With cross filters, you can create a filter in one module based on a filter in another module.
Meaning, for example, that if you want to see all issues related to a certain sprint, and you have a relevant ‘Sprint’ filter in your Test Sets & Runs module, you can create a cross filter in the issues module and base it on the sprint filter from the Test Sets & Runs module.

In the following example, I’m creating a filter in the issues module, based on a sprint filter in the Test Sets & Runs module.

As you can see, the first option on the criteria drop-down is -Cross Filter-
After choosing the relevant module, select the filter that you want to base your filter on from that module, then press Create Filter.

This filter will show all issues that are related to the test sets (and the test instances residing in those test sets), that appear in the selected filter. After my sprint cross filter is set, I can easily generate a report or a dashboard graph that will show all details about the issues from my current sprint (or from an older sprint).

Another possible use for cross filters is to base a filter on all entities that do not appear in a certain filter in another module. If I want to see all the test cases in my project that don’t reside in some test sets, I can create a filter that would show me this information. For example, I want to see which of my test cases wasn’t added to any of my current sprint’s test set. What I need to do, is create a new filter in the Test Library, and set the criteria for -Cross Filter- → Is Not → TestSet → Sprint 1

The result: I see in the filter’s view all test cases that weren’t added to Sprint 1 test sets.

Note: Cross filters creation is not supported from the Test Sets & Runs module. You can create cross filters based on filters from the Test Sets & Runs module in the Test Library and the Issues Module, but not from Requirements.

This is terrific Omri! Just what I was looking for. When will the Cross Filter be available for use?

Hi Rona, cross filters should be available either later today or tomorrow

Great! Im looking forward to using it.