PractiTest Discussion Forum

Jira Improvements: New Plugin Version

Hello PractiTesters,

As part of our Jira Cloud integration improvements, we have released an upgrade for PractiTest’s Jira Cloud plugin. With this new plugin version, your Jira user will be connected to your PractiTest account, and all issues reported by you will automatically have your user as the Reporter of the tickets reported by you.

When reporting a new issue from PractiTest, you will now see the following message (unless you have already updated the PT plugin from Jira):

*Please make sure that your Jira Admin updates the plugin until 01.07.2019.

After the plugin is updated, when reporting a new issue from PractiTest using ‘Fail & Issue’, the system will ask you to link your Jira user to PractiTest.

By pressing ‘click here’ you would be redirected to Jira. If you are already logged in, your Jira user is now successfully linked to your PractiTest account. If not, please log in to Jira in order to complete the linkage.

Once it’s done, go back to PractiTest and continue using the integration as usual.

If you want to log into Jira with a different Jira user, you can do so from the Personal Settings section, by pressing ‘Click here to change your personal information (including language).’.
On the following screen, click on ‘Click here to login to JIRA as a different user.’

Hi everyone,

I am a JIRA Admin for my cloud instance, I am just not finding the right path to get the plugin properly updated.
When I open the plugin management page, what I get is the option to configure additional projects or to uninstall the addon (which sounds like loosing all the data). Am I missing something?
How should I proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Following to your in-app chat with Itai wanted to say that we are happy that the integration got back to normal. Regardless, will leave instructions for customers who have a similar question below:

1. Uninstall the plugin, the data should be saved but you can take a screenshot of the screen displaying after pressing Configure within the plugin (just in case).

2. Install the plugin

3. Go to PractiTest - the Requirements module - +New Requirement - Import a Requirement - link your JIRA User as stated in the message you got.

That’s it you can use the integration :slight_smile: