PractiTest Discussion Forum

I have one question about test import

Hello PractiTest team,

I have one question about test import.

I imported tests with some custom fields (‘Multi List’ and ‘Checkbox’). After successful import my filters recognize ‘Multi List’ values but do not reflect ‘Checkbox’ values.
I verified that custom fields correctly set after import and when I manually in-check->check some custom field then my filters recognize it.
Do I missed something or is there some limitation for checkboxes?

Hi,

Usually what we see is that the format in the excel is not the correct one and the system does not recognize this as a marked checkbox item.

Can you tell me what value did you use? You had to use “yes” for it to be checked, if you used anything else it will not be recognized.

I used ‘true’. Ok I will double-check with ‘yes’, but when I open imported test the checkboxes are checked, only filters do not recognize it.

Did you check the imported tests by looking at values in the grid or inside the tests themselves?

There are cases, after import, where you can have inconsistencies, and usually the filters behave like the data that is displayed when you open the tests.

Yes I checked, imported tests contain custom fields checked.

I tried with ‘yes’ and it looks fine now, filters recognize checked custom fields.

Cool!!! Glad to help