PractiTest Discussion Forum

Add ability to link Testsets to Requirements

Similar to how we can link requirements to test cases and vice versa I would love the ability to link Test Sets to requirements and vice versa. Maybe adding a Traceability tab to Test Sets.

My use case is when I have a bug to test or a regression to run that targets a specific feature I don’t need to create a new test case since I already have existing test cases but running a test set will not log back to any requirements I have created.

This makes it hard to track my testing through requirements, which would be much more manageable than tracking my testing through my test cases.

I am also linking my test cases and requirements back to Jira and I would like it the test run status updated in Jira as well so my developers can see a record of it.

Hello Margaret,
Actually, this feature is on our roadmap, and we will update you as soon ad it’s done.

best regards,
Alex

Hi

Is there any update on this? I’m trying to link test cases to requirements from Excel but is not working

Hello Chui,
Actually, linking Tests (test cases) to Requirements from Excel is supposed to work, it’s not related to the original question.

If you import new Tests you indeed should be able to create a new column in Excel with IDs of relevant Requirements and map it to the relevant box in the Import page.

Please contact our Support Team if you have any specific issues in regards, they’ll gladly assist.

Best regards,
Alex from PractiTest

Alex It is said on Dec '22 that this feature is on the roadmap.
Is there any update on this?
Thanks!